Monday, June 9, 2014

The Pathway

Sometimes I just need a few extra moments in the day. I sit and I take the time to review my day. I write notes and list and I continue to a few things the ''old-fashioned" way, with an actual pen and paper. I do this to reflect on my life. I think of how there was a time when things were simple. When I was able to be held, coddled, comforted and made to feel secure. 

Those days are long gone and now it is my turn to do those things for someone else. I have come to notice that everything I do someone else has become the focus of my hopes, my dreams, my aspirations as well as my desires. 

I am human first and I have to reflect on that because if I don't I will forget what it is to be human. Being human gives you the right to be wrong, be flawed, be finicky, to be unsure, and to waiver in your decisions.

Being a woman, a wife, a mother, a business owner, and a friend does not give you the right to be wrong, to be flawed, to be finicky, to be unsure or to waiver. In my everyday life for at least 22 hours out of the day... [a sigh and a deep breath] I am perfect, confident, steadfast, for sure, on point and the foundation of my family, my business and my friendships. 

That's who I am expected to be and my excel for my 22 hours. I don't take the time to pout and point my fingers to lay blame elsewhere. I take full responsibility for the flaws of the others in my life so that when it is their turn and they are strolling down their pathway, they will be eager to accept the expectations that the world has for them because I am setting an example of how to stroll down that path.

Life can not be rushed and it is a process. We just have to learn how to manage and maximize it. How do you stroll down your path? Leave a comment and let me know your tips for getting through the day. I would love some pointers.

Warmest Regards;
Loretta Bruce


0 comments:

Post a Comment