Sunday, June 1, 2014

GOFundMe


Today, I thought about my company while I was working from home and I thought there has to be a way to get funding without going through the traditional methods, hassles and high interest rates of the bank. I did an internet search and I found a wealth of information.

While trying to decipher what would work for me and my needs and what wouldn't I chose two programs to use.

1. GoFundMe: The site is easy to navigate and everything is in plain English. The are rates for them accepting the money for you. Everything has a fee otherwise what would be the point.

What I do like so far is that I have not found any bothersome pop-up or advertisements. There may be some on there but I have not ran across anything.

So far what I like is the ease of use, the automated announcements that you can get sent to your facebook page, your email as well as your twitter account.

Those are nice features to have as well as a nice looking widget to add to your blogs or sites of your choosing.

What I don't like is that they use a payer that I have never heard of WEpay. Anyone that is into business knows that these companies stick around for a year or two and then they are gone. But I did decide to give them ago. Many people may wonder why didn't I just get a donate button from PayPal.

I will go into that with my next post. I will let you know something about me though, PayPal is my go to for everything. I Love PayPal.

Net time we will discuss what I list as my pro's and cons with Kickstarter and then I will do a side by side of the two companies I am using to help raise $8,000.00 to help epand P.S.S. United.

0 comments:

Post a Comment